15000 Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This Sales position is an individual contributor responsible for an assigned Territory or Customer portfolio. You will lead Valmont Utility independent sales rep organizations to support Valmont Utility goals. You will achieve assigned revenue goals by sales rep organization, product, and customer. You will lead the development and promotion of knowledge, acceptance, and use of company products for customers within the Utility segment. You will build and maintain key internal and external relationships. You will establish account strategy for internal team and rep organization and keep all levels informed on key issues and opportunities. This position has historically proven to be a talent pipeline for more significant leadership and executive roles within the Valmont organization based on merit.
- You will report to the Director of Sales and has no direct or indirect reports by design. An elite Sales position with 10 high performing and ambitious peers
- Travel, typically 25% (domestic primarily) is required for this position with potential travel up to 50% based on business and customer needs
- Indirectly lead and accurate market intelligence and motivate an independent sales rep organization that represents Valmont Utility products and services while achieving results
- Maintain skills in: Motivating and Training People; Professional Selling; Negotiation; Data Management; Sales Opportunity Strategy Development; Account Planning; and Networking & Relationship Building
- Support the selling activities of new product and services while delivering results
- Develop customer relationships within your assigned Territory or assigned accounts
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Be a main Selling contact for key customers as lead company brand/product ambassador
- Ability to support and navigate complex and/or large (Fortune 1000) customers
- Focused on demand creation, forecasting, quote process management, and competitive analysis
- Owner of Sales proposal process – Customer Segmentation, Stakeholder Analysis, SWOT Analysis, and develops account strategy based on account position
- Lead contract negotiations and assist with conflict resolution across multiple internal and customer stakeholders
- Manage the Valmont Utility independent Sales Rep model including strategy deployment and defining the Rep’s role at key accounts
- Manage Rep performance and delivering results
- Identify and promote target engagement of all product families
- Evaluate training needs and co-ordinates with internal resources to develop strategies to meet such needs
- Complete quarterly territory and account plans while delivering results
- Utility, EPC or Industrial Sales experience
- Preferred Bachelors with 6+ years of experience in a sales management position with increasing levels of account and sales management responsibilities; or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience; or 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience managing direct or indirect reports
- Experience developing and executing account strategies; CRM familiarity
- Demonstrated leadership, commercial competencies and team building
- Ability to travel up to 50% domestically
- Valid US driver’s license
- Ability to handle delicate customer negotiations
- Ability to concisely present information to management and customers
- Demonstrated ability and excitement in selling innovative and technical products
- Passion, competitiveness and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Ten years of sales management experience within the Utility or Industrial Sales industry
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Due to the nature of Valmont’s Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Most of the overnight domestic travel, which represents approximately 50% of the year, is within the assigned territory. Work is typically performed in an office or vehicle setting when traveling to meet with customer. You will be required to sit and/or drive for extended periods of time, and talk and listen on the phone and participate in meetings. You will be required to sit for extended periods of time, and talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. You will frequently be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with files and forms and while working on the computer. You will occasionally be required to move about the office. You must use proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. You must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .