Sr. Sales Engineer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The purpose of the Sr. Sales Engineer is to provide dedicated sales support to the field and inside sales teams:
* By proactively identifying & addressing customer’s technical needs and objections, to drive sales.
* By acting as the primary bridge to identify & remove process problems early between Sales and Operations
* By protecting NICE inContact, as an organization, from projects where technical issues outweigh value to NICE inContact by being able to delineate between technically feasible and technically problematic opportunities
As a Sr. Sales Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
* Assist sales team through preparation and delivery of technical presentations and statements of work by matching specific client business requirements into effective technical solutions – with a focus on NICE inContact’s solutions.
* Maintain high level knowledge of competitive product lines, especially as it relates to technical strengths and weaknesses of the competitor’s products and what strategy NICE inContact should develop to counter.
* Maintain high-level knowledge of all other NICE inContact products/services, competitive product lines, and industry through self-education and NICE inContact’s resources.
* Proactively and effectively identify customer needs and overcome objections to proposed solutions.
* Perform technical benefits assessment for customers by gaining detailed understanding of their environment.
* Provide continuous knowledge transfer to the sales force regarding technical aspects and benefits of the NICE inContact’s™ solutions.
* Support new and existing sales efforts via technical discovery, product demonstrations and presentations.
* Properly document and provide feedback to sales team.
* Assist in the preparation of responses to RFP’s and deliver technical and sales oriented presentations to customer’s technical staff and senior management.
* Meet with customers to understand their current technical environment, key business issues, and future benefits that could be realized through NICE inContact’s advanced contact center technology deployments.
* Work with the Sales Support to ensure orders are completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
* Create, based on customer needs, a detailed Solutions Overview (SO) document for each new customer which will be the basis from which all pre-turn up work will be performed. Instruct customer on costs associated with the work.
* Build and maintain relationships with financial, subject and technical decision makers and influencers in prospect base.
* Position will require significant travel up to 75%.
To Land This Gig You’ll Need:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience required.
* 6+ years direct sales engineering experience in contact centers, telecommunications or software sales
* Strong sales skills
* Relationship management abilities
* Superior communication skills
* High integrity
* Experience in fast paced environment
* Experience meeting customer time constraints
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
* Analytical/Quantitative abilities required. Must be able to interpret and explain financial and statistical information
* Ability to negotiate and up sell products and services
* In-depth knowledge of technical support issues related to Internet, video, and telephony. A hands-on background in engineering, technical support or field maintenance is desirable
* Broad knowledge of call center technologies, call traffic analysis, automatic call distributions and interactive voice response systems
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, negotiation and communications.
* Valid driver’s license.
* 2+ years sales experience outside of sales engineering in a software environment
* VoIP experience
* Broad knowledge of the call center market
* Relationship management abilities
* Excellent industry reputation
* Consensus building strengths among internal groups
* Negotiation skills
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.