Established in 2006 as a division of Golden State Foods, Quality Custom Distribution (QCD) provides custom distribution services to iconic customers throughout the United States. Headquartered in Irvine, California, QCD is values-based and services thousands of restaurants throughout the U.S. Today, QCD provides over 17,000 deliveries a week from 19 Distribution Centers strategically located throughout the country. The company and associates also supports the GSF Foundation for kids, a non-profit organization to help children and families in need.
Join Quality Custom Distribution (QCD)
Come work for a company that is values based, with community engagement, and social responsibility.
If you have a current Class A CDL apply today and learn about our elite transportation team. We deliver to large fast food chains as well as a world class leader in the coffee industry. If you have beverage or food delivery experience you will find the work very similar to what you have already performed.
- Potential to earn $80,000 annually!!!
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days and Holidays
- Benefits: 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision
- Performs daily transportation functions as directed by Supervisor. Operates diesel-powered tractor-trailer combination trucks to transport and deliver products.
- Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicles in difficult situations, such as narrow passageways.
- Inspects trucks for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck conditions.
- Maintains driver log according to DOT regulations and other federal and company required records/logs.
- May be required to perform product back-haul when returning from dispatched route.
- Unloads/loads product at store with assistance from store personnel.
Division Application of Responsibilities:
- Drives to predetermined store locations per route schedule, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle.
- Maintains driver log, trip and mileage records according to FMCSA regulations. Complies with all DOT rules and regulations regarding hours of service, licensing, safety and equipment operation.
- Maintain company quality and performance standards.
- Report unusual conditions and problems to supervisor.
- Observe company safety rules and regulations.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Positions/check load securing equipment to secure cargo during transit.
- Inspects vehicles for defects before, during and after trips, submits report indicating equipment condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required of this Position:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and possess a current DOT Medical certification card.
- One (1) year driving tractor-trailer experience.
- Must be able to effectively communicate to maintain positive customer relations climate with other drivers/warehouse personnel/customers/supervisors.
- Capable of standing, walking and repeatedly climbing into and out of road tractor or switch tractor.
- Must be able to work all necessary work schedules, including holidays/weekends.
- Requires safely operating equipment in extremes of weather and climatic conditions and insure working in a cold environment (cooler/freezer).
- Must be able to frequently lift/handle cases ranging from 5-50 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.