RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star — “to empower the people who power the world.” The Accounting and Finance team at RigUP ensures accurate financial reporting and monitors and manages RigUp’s capital. On this team, you can find Strategic Finance, FP&A, Financial Reporting and Credit working together to help RigUp grow.
RigUp is hiring a M&A Accounting Manager who will be responsible for managing financial
reporting functions – budgeting, technical accounting, controls, and cash management specific to acquired entities and the integration of those entities into RigUp systems and processes. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, experience with transformational accounting processes and a drive to be continually learning. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage transition and integration of acquired entities into RigUp’s financial reporting processes, including- monthly close cycle, reporting requirements, internal controls and accounting policies.
- Coordinate third party valuation and purchase accounting related to acquisitions.
- Assist in developing and maintaining timely and accurate financial statements and reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Support the year-end financial audit process with external auditors.
- Serve as an effective business partner to many departments throughout the company, while working effectively with the Executive team and other key stakeholders.
- Oversee the implementation of special projects, new initiatives, system changes, process improvements as assigned.
What you should have:
- Experience: 6+ years of public accounting and/or manager level technical accounting experience, with 3+ years building teams and managing people
- Strong leadership & Execution: Demonstrated excellence in people management and ability to execute on a plan
- Strong EQ: ability to perceive, manage, understand and reason with newly acquired entities/employees and produce results
- Both technical and operational knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Previous experience with acquisition integrations is a plus, along with strong ERP experience (Quickbooks, NetSuite, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that’s building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
To apply for this job please visit www.startwire.com.