Position : Application Developer III – Business Intelligence
Duration: 8 months
Location: Southfield, MI
Interview type: Face to face – will request Skype if necessary
- The primary responsibility of this position is Sr. Developer for Data Warehouse projects. With general supervision, performs technical design, development and implementation of new applications using existing BI & ETL tools.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, computer information systems or related field required. OR in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree an additional five (5) years of development/support experience in addition to the experience requirement listed below.
- In depth knowledge and experience in Business Objects, Informatica, BRIO/Hyperion, and SQL required
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple project and timelines required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Ability to ensure SDLC methodology is followed, including conducting design & code reviews required.
- Ability to create detailed technical design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain applications required.
- Data Warehouse/BI experience required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with implementing package software in either an ASP model or internally developed.
- Experience in dealing with an external vendor and/or vendor systems
- Ability to work under general direction.
- Proven capability of managing competing priorities within short timelines with little or no supervision.
- Healthcare payer experience
- Knowledge of FTP and HIPAA compliant ANSI formatted EDI transactions.
- Ability to act as a liaison with business personnel to conduct analysis of organizational needs for development and modifications of existing applications.
- Oracle & Sybase databases experience including querying tools preferred
- TWS batch scheduling tool preferred
- CA SCM preferred
- UNIX preferred
Works closely with clients, business analysts and team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and are in compliance with the organization’s architectural standards. Application Developers are involved in the full systems life cycle and therefore are responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities beyond development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations. Individuals also provide input to project plans related to the Application Development initiative.
Application Developers have a strong knowledge of programming languages used by the organization. They have experience in systems design and have a solid understanding of development, database development, testing, and integration methodologies. Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services and processes is required.
– Works on major projects as a project team member, sometimes as a project lead.
– Works on projects that may span a broad range of applications.
– Supports multiple applications.
– Expertise in multiple technical environments and possesses business knowledge that spans one or more business areas.
– Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
– 5 years of application programming and analysis experience required.
– Has a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
– Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
– Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies.
If interested . Kindly fill in the below details and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- First, Middle and Last Name:
- Last five Digits of SSN:
- Visa Status:
- Phone number:
- Birthday without the year: