This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with a starting hourly rate of $14 per hour.
Perform various maintenance duties for residential units including basic plumbing, electrical, painting, appliance repairs, cleaning units and grounds for inspections and new occupancy. Provide exceptional service while assessing and repairing the property
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform basic electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc. and light plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc.
- Perform carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves, sanding and refinishing floors, as well as exterior and interior painting.
- Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, draperies, locks.
- Assist in custodial and grounds work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc., in common areas.
- Responds to work orders, resident requests and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in apartment move-in and move-out inspections and assist the Maintenance Manager or Community Manager in scheduling annual apartment inspections. Complete make-ready process of vacant apartments as directed by Manager.
- Have knowledge regarding water and gas meter cut-offs, all apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean-outs and post map of same.
- Keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishing, annual inspections, inventories, purchase orders, and perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturers operating manuals.
- Report any maintenance or resident related concerns to manager in a timely manner.
- Periodically inspect all units, buildings and common areas, performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed. Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate lighting in those areas is maintained.
- Attend and participate in training seminars as requested. Be aware and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards and company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensure effective, timely and professional interactions with residents, contractors and property management team on all maintenance services provided.
- May be required to track stock control and utilization of maintenance materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 year minimum maintenance work experience, or experience in a related field.
- Any specific skill required by the property.
- High School Diploma and training or experience in the following areas: carpentry, light
plumbing work, light electrical work, painting, refurbishing and cleaning, air-conditioning.
- Any specific certifications required by the property.
- Trade School and/or Military training a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record may be required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to pitch in and work in areas other than strictly repair maintenance; i.e. janitorial,
custodial, gardening, painting, etc.
- Must be personable and trustworthy, able to work well with residents and co-workers, and perform
work in a safety conscious manner.
- Requires the ability to read, speak and comprehend work instructions and safety notices in the
- Working in a maintenance environment may mean exposure to dust, fumes, solvents, variable light conditions and noise
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays if required for emergency, on-call or scheduled shifts.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
Technical/other training or better.
1 year minimum maintenance work experience, or experience in the following areas: carpentry, light plumbing work. light electrical work, painting, refurbishing and cleaning, air-conditioning.
HVAC Certification a plus