Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing ancommercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
The Role-Why We Need You
The Vice President, Sales will be responsible for leading the national sales organization for Aurinia. This position will be expected to play a hands-on role in developing and executing the company’s sales strategies, conducting regular business reviews, overseeing sales management, providing input into incentive compensation programs, and developing effective sales coaching and communications plans. Additionally, this position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with key customers, accounts and collaborating with internal stakeholders. This position reports to the General Manager of Global Commercial Operations.
- Manages the recruitment, retention and development of a high performing sales team through the leadership of a team of National Account Directors
- Owns the development and execution of innovative and compliant sales strategies that align with the commercial vision for achieving commercial success for Voclosporin for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)
- Executes regular business performance reviews with sales team and effectively monitors and addresses the performance of sales regions to ensure targets are met
- Prepares and delivers updates on progress against targets to the Executive team
- Develops and manages the sales budget consistent with the financial goals and objectives of the company, including efficient management of any partners, vendors and contracted resources
- Ensures the effective and consistent implementation of sales plans and materials
- Understands the requirements of autoimmune/rare disease customers in order to propose solutions that fulfil the client’s needs and maximize revenue.
- Builds and nurtures relationships with customers, vendors, and key accounts
- Partners with the Marketing team to develop effective sales resources
- Develop and implement a comprehensive business plan for the territory that will be inclusive of budgets, travel, territory management, goal setting, etc
- Interacts closely with other Departments, such as Marketing, Information Technology, Operations, Data Science, and the Chief Medical Officer, enabling identification and development of new products and services to BioPharma customers and execution of projects.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Keeps up-to-date regarding pharma applications, new technologies, standards and guidelines, data protection regulations as well as relevant disease knowledge.
- Develops, drives and supports the team. Through regular assessments assigns training necessary to continuously grow the team’s expertise.
- Keen understanding of the payor and reimbursement environment in the oncology and diagnostic space.
- Proven experience as a VP Sales or similar leadership role leading a salesforce of 50-100 people
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ sales management experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Recent experience launching products with demonstrated success on consistently meeting and/or exceeding sales objectives and goals
- 2-3 years of direct account management experience in a molecular diagnostic setting with a history of proven past performance that has met and exceeded expectations.
- Demonstrated, measurable revenue generation at either a diagnostic, pharmaceutical, clinical software, or relevant biotechnology company.
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Extensive network in Pharmaceutical, Biotech and auto-immune/rare disease industry
- Bachelor of Science degree in life science, biology, business, or marketing, with an MBA preferred
- Proven leadership skills in leading and motivating sales professionals, and experience with second level leadership
- Possesses a good blend of strategic and operational experience with the ability see the big picture but can dive into details as needed
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas and influence others that achieve desired results
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to drive to consensus
- Negotiates skillfully and gains the trust of others quickly
- Flexible, diplomatic and able to effectively deal with ambiguity
- Ability to develop and deliver a well-articulated Aurinia value proposition to external parties, key opinion leaders, and executive management
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills.
- Outstanding strategic sales account planning skills.
- Superior listening and problem solving skills.
- Ability to possess a positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.