Join the Follett Team where employees are valued, respected and offered career paths throughout its many campus locations.
Follett serves over half of the students in the United States, and works with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services and print and digital content. We’re higher education’s largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent. We take pride in the fact that for more than 140 years, we have been helping to improve people’s lives by supporting a lifetime of learning and education.
We are looking for a results-driven Accounting Supervisor – Store Commissions to join the Follett team.
* The Accounting Supervisor – Store Commissions currently reports to the Follett Higher Education Group (FHEG), Accounting Director, and this role supervises the Commissions (store lease) accounting function within FHEG.
* Supervise and manage, provide leadership for 4-6 team members including outsourced roles.
* Provide team members with strategic direction, not only in completing monthly recurring tasks, but also with improving group processes through technology and analysis.
* Day-to-day oversight related to recording of business transactions, account analyses and reconciliations, and monthly/quarterly/annual financial closings, etc.
* Work closely with new business team and with new contracts to identify opportunities to improve contract profitability.
* Evaluate new technology and oversee the maintenance of fiscal records and preparation of financial reports.
* Analyze and interpret contractual agreements, reviews store reconciliations, approves commission payments, and prepares variance analysis against budget.
* 5 – 7 years applicable accounting work experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience required.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or relevant work experience.
* Experience processing high volumes of data.
* Experience in prioritizing work.